Re: [AMBER-Developers] release plans

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 15:44:53 -0400

5 EVB tests still fail on Cygwin due to the stack size and lack of an
'unlimit' command. I have modified the test cases in question so that they
check that the stack was actually resized before running. Attached is a
patch that can be run in the $AMBERHOME/test directory to modify the tests.
The modification to each test is this:

-unlimit stack
+limit stacksize unlimited
+set STACK=`limit stacksize | awk '{print $2}'`
+if (! $?STACK || $STACK != "unlimited" || $STACK == "" ) then
+ echo "This test requires a larger stack size. Exiting."
+ exit(0)
+endif

-Dan

PS - Note for future releases: we could keep track of tests that don't run
(and why) in addition to failures and errors.

On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 5:11 AM, David A. Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>wrote:

> Hi everyone:
>
> My current guess is that the Amber release will be delayed some...I am
> trapped in Munich, with no clear idea of when I will be able to return to
> the States.
>
> There were unfortunately a lot of glitches in the last release, because I
> let new tests be added, which was probably a mistake. There is a new RC:
>
> http://ambermd.org/downloads/AmberTools.18apr10.tar.bz2
> http://ambermd.org/downloads/Amber11.18apr10.tar.bz2
>
> If you didn't have problems with the 14apr10 RC, you don't necessarily need
> to test this one again...I appreciate the hard work people have put in, and
> don't want to add to your burdens.
>
> If you need to make final tweaks to the manuals, please create diffs
> against
> these files:
>
> http://ambermd.org.downloads/AmberDocs.18apr10.tar.bz2
>
> ...dac