RE: [AMBER-Developers] release plans

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 13:23:24 -0700

Hi Dan,

> -unlimit stack
> +limit stacksize unlimited
> +set STACK=`limit stacksize | awk '{print $2}'`
> +if (! $?STACK || $STACK != "unlimited" || $STACK == "" ) then
> + echo "This test requires a larger stack size. Exiting."
> + exit(0)
> +endif

A 'lot' of machines do not allow the stack to be set to unlimited by
non-root users and some not even by root. E.g. on Redhat EL4 AS:

limit stacksize unlimited
limit stacksize
stacksize 524288 kbytes

So I'm not sure this is a solution. A 'much better' one would be to go into
the code and work out why it needs such a large stacksize. Typically this is
due to people using automatic arrays (dangerous F90 feature in my opinion)
when really they should be allocating them.

All the best
Ross

/\
\/