Re: [AMBER-Developers] release plans

From: David A. Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 05:16:17 -0400

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010, Daniel Roe wrote:

> 5 EVB tests still fail on Cygwin due to the stack size and lack of an
> 'unlimit' command. I have modified the test cases in question so that they
> check that the stack was actually resized before running. Attached is a
> patch that can be run in the $AMBERHOME/test directory to modify the tests.
> The modification to each test is this:
>
> -unlimit stack
> +limit stacksize unlimited
> +set STACK=`limit stacksize | awk '{print $2}'`
> +if (! $?STACK || $STACK != "unlimited" || $STACK == "" ) then
> + echo "This test requires a larger stack size. Exiting."
> + exit(0)
> +endif

I'm really inclined to skip this patch...it just looks too dangerous, in that
it could break the test suite on other platforms -- who knows what kind of
errors the "limit stacksize unlimited" command will yield? Or what machines
might actually work, but would not set STACK to "unlimited"?

We can have failures in cygwin.

...dac