Re: [AMBER-Developers] New features in pmemd

From: Scott Brozell <sbrozell.rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 05:39:49 -0500

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 10:36:27PM -0800, Ross Walker wrote:

> for example in PMEMD right now that would be me,
> Scott Le Grand, Perri Needham, Joe Kaus, Adrian Roitberg and Jason Swails
> - We all talk on an almost daily basis on skype and coordinate everything.
> Where was the coordination from the others - who just dump stuff in? Why
> was the addition of the code not discussed with us several months
> beforehand?

Communication is a two way street:
Why didn't you send a notice to this list with your plans
and request like from others targeting that code ?

Why wasn't community wide coordination worked out at the developers meeting ?

I'm just playing devil's advocate here, but we have been
down this path recently:
http://dev-archive.ambermd.org/201401/0015.html
And the path has been well traveled for at least a decade.

scott