Re: [AMBER-Developers] New Year fixes for Amber

From: Scott Brozell <sbrozell.rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 05:56:19 -0500

Hi,

A.
Regarding SGLD, Ross's statement is correct with a couple of caveats
mostly due to me not finding the time to finish off some issues:

1) Romelia had signed off on me doing some code simplification
and cleanup involving sgld data fields and their reporting.
Romelia can you confirm that the situation is still as in our email on
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 05:57:29 +0000
?

2) I owe Xiongwu an email on likely minor bugs in sander and pmemd SGLD.
I will send this soon.

3) We need to touch base on documentation.

B.
Regarding communication, we got into a situation that was relatively
easily resolved but could have become messy. Here are some highlights
and specific good communications in () that could have avoided the situation.
Romelia and Xiongwu agreed at the last meeting that Romelia would
add sgld to pmemd. (This list could have been notified of the plan.)
She started working on this in a private branch.
(This list could have been notified of the start of work.)
Dave asked me to add sgld to pmemd in May.
(This list could have been notified of the plan and start of work.)
I did a thorough grepping of the repository as my first step but
Romelia's work was in a private branch. I work in the master
branch, i commit frequently, and my detailed logs indicated the plan to
add sgld to pmemd. Romelia and Ross saw this and we got coordinated, but
we never did notify this list of the sgld work, so days ago Dave requested
work and Xiongwu volunteered to do work already done by Romelia.

The notification mechanism doesn't have to be this list, but it's
clear that some mechanism is needed. And the mechanism should include
public status info.

Happy New Year!
scott