Re: [AMBER-Developers] Cygwin + xleap issue

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 07:47:15 -0500

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014, Ilyas Yildirim wrote:

> By chance, I realized
> that after VMD is started, the problem does not apper in xleap.

Is this a work-around? This problem does not seem to occur with setup-x86,
just with setup-x86_64 (at least for one of my students.) So another possible
avenue is to go back to the 32-bit version of cygwin.

Frankly, we mostly have windows people install VirtualBox, and then a Linux
virutal machine. This requires a fair amount of memory on the computer, but
solves most problems. We even have a VitrualBox system disk with Amber and
other useful things pre-installed. We haven't debugged this enough to
recommend it directly, but that might be coming. But it's not hard to do it
yourself, which allows you to choose which flavor of linux you want. And if
you want to un-install, you can just remove the virtual machine.

...dac