[AMBER-Developers] Cygwin + xleap issue

From: Ilyas Yildirim <i-yildirim.northwestern.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 01:09:04 -0600 (CST)

It seems that there is a bug when ambertools is installed in cygwin.
Basically I upgraded my cygwin packages to the latest version, and after
the upgrade, some of the xleap functions are disabled. I cannot use the
shortcuts such as the ctrl and shift. I've re-installed ambertools,
re-installed cygwin and the problem still exist. By chance, I realized
that after VMD is started, the problem does not apper in xleap. This gave
me the idea that it might be related to loss of keyboard focus. In fact,
people discussed similar issue in the following thread:

http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2013-06/msg00023.html

The person discussing the same issue thinks that it is either a Java or
Cygwin bug. The code of Leap is in C, so it seems to me that Cygwin has a
bug in it. I am not sure - however - what the bypass would be in cygwin.
Has anyone encountered anything like this? Cygwin setup file I use is
setup-x86_64, and the OS is Windows 7.

Best,

   Ilyas Yildirim, Ph.D.
   = Department of Chemistry - 2145 Sheridan Road =
   = Northwestern University - Evanston, IL 60208 =
   = Ryan Hall #4035 (Nano Building) - Ph.: (847)467-4986 =
   = Website : http://ilyasyildirim.wordpress.com =
   = http://www.linkedin.com/in/yildirimilyas =
   = http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=O6RQCcwAAAAJ =