[AMBER-Developers] Amber on Live-CD?

From: Gustavo Seabra <gustavo.seabra.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 15:26:11 -0300

Hi everybody,

I am planning a class on molecular dynamics applications, and was
thinking on having an Amber installation on a Linux Live-CD, so that
it could be installed on the computers to be used by the student
during the class, and making sure all students have exactly the same
environment.

Notice the students will not take the CDs home with them... It's just
to easily prepare a computer on a lab for the class. A kind of a
portable Amber Workshop, if you will.

So, I was wondering:

1. Is there any legal / licencing issues I should be aware of?

2. Any ideas on what Linux distribution would be better suited for this CD?

3. Has anyone done anything like that before and would be willing to
share the experience?

Thanks a lot,
Gustavo Seabra
Professor Adjunto