Re: [AMBER-Developers] final (!?!) release candidate for AmberTools1.5

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 15:09:22 -0400

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011, Martin Peters wrote:

> The following folders are missing in the latest RC:
> $AMBERHOME/dat/mtkpp
> $AMBERHOME/AmberTools/examples/mtkpp

Fixed in mkrelease_at.

> Is the following recipe ok for final testing?
> % git clone gitosis.git.ambermd.org:amber.git amber11
> % git checkout amber11-with-patches
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This should be at15-with-patches.

> % csh mkrelease

This should be mkrelease_at, and note that it is a /bin/bash script.

> % cd .. ; mkdir RC ; cd RC
> % mv ../Amber11.12apr11.tar.bz2 .
> % bunzip Amber11.12apr11.tar.bz2 ; tar -xvf Amber11.12apr11.tar

The above is what I do to make the release candidates (although I also check
that the AmberTools.pdf file is up to date with respect to its sources). But
you should really check the actual release candidates, rather than ones you
might make yourself, just to be sure that there are no differences.

> % wget http://ambermd.org/downloads/AmberTools.10apr11.tar.bz2
> % bunzip AmberTools.10apr11.tar ; tar -xvf AmberTools.10apr11.tar
> ... configure/build/test...

Above is what is recommended....thx...dac