[AMBER-Developers] files.h

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 10:43:10 -0700

Hello everyone,

I have a quick question, which probably only Tyler can answer. I'm in the
process of cleaning up file handling in sander and sqm (since they should go
hand-in-hand). My understanding is that the files.h in both sander and sqm
should be the same. However, there is a rather significant difference
regarding the RISM files. SQM's files.h has

#ifdef RISM
# include "../rism/files.h"
#endif

Whereas sander has

#ifdef RISM
character(len=256) rismcrdfil, rismfrcfil, rismcrdrstfil, rismfrcrstfil
common /filesr/ rismcrdfil, rismfrcfil, rismcrdrstfil, rismfrcrstfil

integer RISMCRD_UNIT
integer RISMFRC_UNIT
integer RISMCRDRST_UNIT
integer RISMFRCRST_UNIT
parameter ( RISMCRD_UNIT = 90 )
parameter ( RISMFRC_UNIT = 91 )
parameter ( RISMCRDRST_UNIT = 92 )
parameter ( RISMFRCRST_UNIT = 93 )
#endif

This is all well and good, but rism/files.h is :

!+ Specification and control of RISM Input/Output

character(len=256) xvvfil, guvfil, huvfil, cuvfil, &
      rismcrdfil, rismfrcfil, rismcrdrstfil, rismfrcrstfil
common /filesr/ xvvfil, guvfil, huvfil, cuvfil, &
      rismcrdfil, rismfrcfil, rismcrdrstfil, rismfrcrstfil

integer RISMCRD_UNIT
integer RISMFRC_UNIT
integer RISMCRDRST_UNIT
integer RISMFRCRST_UNIT
parameter ( RISMCRD_UNIT = 30 )
parameter ( RISMFRC_UNIT = 31 )
parameter ( RISMCRDRST_UNIT = 32 )
parameter ( RISMFRCRST_UNIT = 33 )

I was wondering why the file numbers were different for sqm/rism and
sander. Do we want to make them the same? (Also, why does sqm have more
files?)

Thanks!

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida