[AMBER-Developers] config.h

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 14:34:42 -0500

Hello,

Does anyone have a problem with turning the config.h file in $AMBERHOME/src
(which is copied at the end of configure) into a symlink (or hard link) in
the Amber source directory? I can't think of many good reasons to make it a
standalone copy (since I don't think the two files should really differ, but
others may have different opinions). As far as building Amber, since
AmberTools libraries are built for Amber to link to, changing config.h in
$AMBERHOME/src and having that *not* fix the issue (because it happened in
PBSA or SQM which is using AmberTools' config.h) is confusing and annoying
(and counterintuitive I think).

I'm not sure whether it should be a hard link (you can delete the AmberTools
config.h and be fine) or a soft link (delete the AmberTools config.h and the
one in Amber points to nothing). I think that more depends on how
standalone Amber is from AmberTools (and how we want to portray that, too).

In the case we want to go the way of the link, I have a (2-line) commit
ready to push.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Quantum Theory Project,