Re: [AMBER-Developers] config.h

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 16:03:58 -0500

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011, Jason Swails wrote:

> Does anyone have a problem with turning the config.h file in $AMBERHOME/src
> (which is copied at the end of configure) into a symlink (or hard link) in
> the Amber source directory?

I think this is a good idea, although I've been trying to remember why I
made it a copy in the first place. In my mind, config.h in $AMBERHOME/src
should be a softlink, pointing to the one in $AMBERHOME/AmberTools/src.
This should be the least confusing to general users. Of course, an
experienced person can always break the link if there is an advantage to
doing so.

....my (high-impact) $.02 only here, as I may be not thinking of something.

...dac