Re: [AMBER-Developers] config.h

From: Ben Roberts <ben.roberts.geek.nz>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 16:18:03 -0500

On 16/2/2011, at 2:34 p.m., Jason Swails wrote:

> Does anyone have a problem with turning the config.h file in $AMBERHOME/src
> (which is copied at the end of configure) into a symlink (or hard link) in
> the Amber source directory?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there some Unices out there that don't support symbolic links? I know that any Linux worth its salt does, as does the Mac OS, and that those two probably take care of most users between them, but nevertheless I have a sneaking suspicion that there may be the odd OS that will bite us on the behind.

My NZ$0.02, for what that's worth (about $0.015 US, maybe, low-impact...)

--
For greater security, I support S/MIME encryption.