Re: [AMBER-Developers] bug fix protocol

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 11:03:40 -0400

Hi Mark,

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks! I also learned a little more about
branch tracking after the git pull on my amber11 branch threw a fatal error
complaining about not knowing where to pull from. Apparently git 1.7 gives
the ability to add tracking to an existing branch (--set-upstream) that is
lacking in the older versions... Completely irrelevant though.

One other minor comment, the old commit should go first in the diff, I
think, but this should be fairly obvious to anyone making patches.
Otherwise the patch has to be applied with -R.

Thanks again for your help!
Jason

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida