[AMBER-Developers] sander.MPI tests randomly stall in Ubuntu 9.10

From: Gustavo Seabra <gustavo.seabra.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 15:14:54 -0300

Hi All,

I have compiled and tested Amber11 (release version) serial with no
problems on Ubuntu 9.10. Now, when I try the parallel version, it
compiles fine but some tests just stall. The processes keep running
(from "top" I can stil see the sander.MPI processes using all the
processor they need), but the calculation never advances.

Which test will be a problem is random: I had with PIMD, then when I
try again it happens with QM tests, then something else, etc.

I have found the following message on the archives:
http://structbio.vanderbilt.edu/archives/amber-archive/2009/5928.php

But with no replies.

Does anyone else experience such problems?

Thanks,

--
Gustavo Seabra
Professor Adjunto