[AMBER-Developers] release date for AmberTools 1.3?

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 12:50:45 -0500

Hi everyone:

Most of you have probably noticed(!) that the hoped-for release of AmberTools
1.3 at the end of October did not happen. This is primarily because
compilation on Snow Leopard (and some other platforms) revealed some
long-standing bugs in nab (related to pointers to ints and floats) that needed
to be addressed.

But secondary reasons are that we have been seeing massive changes/updates
in pbsa and (to a lesser extent) sqm. Plus continued tweaks to the configure

It is clear that we will need to establish a "no-new-features",
"bug-fixes-only" quiet period before any new release. With this email, I am
soliciting comments (especially from Ray's group and from Ross) about whether
now is a good time to do this. Is there important stuff that is just about
ready to be committed?

One problem is that we have delayed preparing some bugfixes for the
current codes because people thought that a new release was imminent. So,
while we *could* wait to deliver Amber11 and a new AmberTools together,
I still personally favor getting a CVS freeze (except for bugfixes) in
place, planning for a release around Christmas. That will get a lot of
new functionality and bug-fixes into users' hands. Then AmberTools can be
upgraded again in April, 2010, coinciding with the release of Amber11.

Comments and suggestions are hereby solicited.


AMBER-Developers mailing list
Received on Fri Nov 13 2009 - 10:00:02 PST
Custom Search