Re: [AMBER-Developers] release date for AmberTools 1.3?

From: Ray Luo, Ph.D. <>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 10:19:49 -0800

This is fine with us ... all major updates have been committed in pbsa as
planned. Only bug-fixing efforts are going on. MJ needs to make sure both
source and test cases get updated when committing into the cvs tree.

All the best,

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 9:50 AM, case <> wrote:

> Hi everyone:
> Most of you have probably noticed(!) that the hoped-for release of
> AmberTools
> 1.3 at the end of October did not happen. This is primarily because
> compilation on Snow Leopard (and some other platforms) revealed some
> long-standing bugs in nab (related to pointers to ints and floats) that
> needed
> to be addressed.
> But secondary reasons are that we have been seeing massive changes/updates
> in pbsa and (to a lesser extent) sqm. Plus continued tweaks to the
> configure
> script.
> It is clear that we will need to establish a "no-new-features",
> "bug-fixes-only" quiet period before any new release. With this email, I
> am
> soliciting comments (especially from Ray's group and from Ross) about
> whether
> now is a good time to do this. Is there important stuff that is just about
> ready to be committed?
> One problem is that we have delayed preparing some bugfixes for the
> current codes because people thought that a new release was imminent. So,
> while we *could* wait to deliver Amber11 and a new AmberTools together,
> I still personally favor getting a CVS freeze (except for bugfixes) in
> place, planning for a release around Christmas. That will get a lot of
> new functionality and bug-fixes into users' hands. Then AmberTools can be
> upgraded again in April, 2010, coinciding with the release of Amber11.
> Comments and suggestions are hereby solicited.
> ...dac
> _______________________________________________
> AMBER-Developers mailing list
AMBER-Developers mailing list
Received on Fri Nov 13 2009 - 10:30:02 PST
Custom Search