Re: [AMBER-Developers] Bugzilla?

From: Scott Brozell <sbrozell.rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 19:24:08 -0400

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 01, 2009 at 08:59:17AM -0700, Ross Walker wrote:

> > Something else I discovered: the main Wiki page attempts to direct
> > people to the Bugzilla site for actual problems with the tests. But
> > when I went there, it asked me for a user name and password.

What link leads to bugzilla ? I didnt see it here:
http://ambermd.org/pmwiki/index.php/Main/Bugs

Im not a fan of opening bugzilla up to the ignorant masses (users).

> The username and password is: amber / amberbugs
>
> This is so we do not have to worry about various hack bots going around
> exploiting flaws in older versions of bugzilla etc. Keeping the system up to
> date to avoid this sort of thing would be a full time job.
>
> > This provokes two questions from me:
> >
> > 1. Are we actually using Bugzilla at present, and/or is there a
> > consensus one way or the other about whether we should be doing so (the
> > Wiki page notwithstanding)?
>
> Technically we are, although it is not being used as zealously as it should
> be.

Yes we are. But we are also still following the unwritten scientific
programming approach of 'u found it, u fix.'
So bugzilla is not a place where we track all of our mistakes for
pedagogical/administrative/financial purposes.
Of course there is a time limit; so if u found it and tried hard enough
to fix it but couldnt then report it.

Heres my blurb on bug reports:
We gratefully accept detailed bug reports that contain short input
files for reproducible bugs. In fact those are our favorite ones :)