RE: [AMBER-Developers] Bugzilla?

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 08:59:17 -0700

Hi Ben and everyone else.

> Something else I discovered: the main Wiki page attempts to direct
> people to the Bugzilla site for actual problems with the tests. But
> when
> I went there, it asked me for a user name and password.

The username and password is: amber / amberbugs

This is so we do not have to worry about various hack bots going around
exploiting flaws in older versions of bugzilla etc. Keeping the system up to
date to avoid this sort of thing would be a full time job.

> This provokes two questions from me:
>
> 1. Are we actually using Bugzilla at present, and/or is there a
> consensus one way or the other about whether we should be doing so (the
> Wiki page notwithstanding)?

Technically we are, although it is not being used as zealously as it should
be.

> 2. If I should be reporting problems on Bugzilla, how to do so; that
> is,
> how do I prove who I am?

Just go to the main login page using the amber / amberbugs password and then
create an account under your email address.

All the best
Ross

/\
\/