[AMBER-Developers] Backup file renaming?

From: Joe Krahn <krahn.niehs.nih.gov>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 16:12:33 -0500

Another question about file I/O. I have my own routines similar to
amopen() that automatically allocates LUNs. It also makes backup files
similar to CNS, which is sort of a VMS emulation. A replaced file
becomes <filename>_1. If <filename>_1 exists, it is moved to
<filename>_2, and so on up to some max-backup limit.

In general, it is easier to run with file overwriting enabled. This
feature gives you the ease of use, but saves you from the occasional
loss of a file that you didn't want to delete.

Joe