Re: [AMBER-Developers] Backup file renaming?

From: Robert Duke <rduke.email.unc.edu>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 11:25:20 -0500

Any reasonable filesystem currently in use can handle names of the form
foo.exa.exb (so this works for unix and ntfs, no problems; I don't have fat
running anywhere, and I sincerely hope no one else does either, but the
current fat implementations can handle more than 8.3 names anyway). So
really, the only "magic" associated with extensions these days should be the
windows mapping of files to executables that process them based on the
extension, and here that is not coming into play.
Regards - Bob