Re: amber-developers: Re: AMBER: website problems

From: Robert Duke <rduke.email.unc.edu>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 13:08:58 -0500

I have actually seen all this junk whenever accessing the tutorials from my
linux systems, but not my windows systems. I presume it is deltas in the
ad-blocking capabilities of the browsers, but never did get the noise down
with updated mozilla/linux, and finally just moved to always using windows
for browsing. I did not know if Ross had had to make some sort of deal with
the devil for web-hosting or what, ;-), but if I had to just use my linux
boxes, I would find it sort of crippling. Overall, the level of
intrusiveness of ads on browsers has definitely been going up though,
getting hard to deal with even on windows (but still, why on our web site?).
Guess I should have mentioned it before, but partly attributed it to my
unwillingness to spend forever hardening my browsers on all systems (just
use them on the already hardened ones is the simpler solutions).
Regards - Bob