amber-developers: Re: AMBER: website problems

From: Thomas Cheatham <tec3.utah.edu>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 10:31:19 -0700 (Mountain Standard Time)

[from the AMBER reflector this morning]

I too see funny pages loading referencing ads.clicksor.com, erostyzz.com,
and many other sites, including the starting up of various applets; these
look like banner ads and on my home connection really slows loading.

These are coming directly from the amber.scripps.edu site.

What is the purpose of these ads? Why are we "supporting" ads to other
(perhaps competing) products? Does amber implicitly support or give it's
implicit branding to companies like "Sony", "ACD labs", etc... Are the
funds generated, if any, used for research purposes?

Is this ad-bar required by the Google link?

(from) http://amber.scripps.edu/tutorials/
  to the left of the google bar.

--tom