RE: amber-developers: Re: AMBER: website problems

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 10:07:11 -0800

Hi Tom,

> What is the purpose of these ads? Why are we "supporting"
> ads to other
> (perhaps competing) products? Does amber implicitly support
> or give it's
> implicit branding to companies like "Sony", "ACD labs",
> etc... Are the
> funds generated, if any, used for research purposes?
>
> Is this ad-bar required by the Google link?
>
> (from) http://amber.scripps.edu/tutorials/
> to the left of the google bar.

I don't see anything but a blank space here next to the Google bar. Is it
repeatable? There should be no links to any ad server on the Scripps site.
There was on my tutorials site but these were all stripped from the
tutorials pages when they were placed on the amber website so I can't see
where this is coming from.

In the meantime I'll adjust the Google search box in the cvstree and Dave
can upload it again and see if this changes anything.

All the best
Ross

/\
\/