RE: amber-developers: Re: AMBER: website problems

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 10:48:41 -0800

> for browsing. I did not know if Ross had had to make some
> sort of deal with the devil for web-hosting or what, ;-)

I use it to cover the cost of the machine etc. However this should be
restricted to the tutorials pages on my site which is largely defunct now.
There should be nothing at all on any Scripps site and this includes the
tutorials pages which are linked from the Scripps site and are now hosted on
the Scripps pages.

Thus I can't work out what is going on here and causing that. It is almost
like the page has been retrogressed by a year or so to immediately after I
copied it on from my site and then removed the ads.

Okay, as I type this...

I just found one problem - there was an errant index.htm file left from my
site in advanced tutorial8. So if one goes to
http://amber.scripps.edu/tutorials/advanced/tutorial8/

you get the ad - however we don't link to this page anywhere from the amber
scripps website. The link for tutorial8 links to
http://amber.scripps.edu/tutorials/advanced/tutorial8/loop1.htm

So it seems the user manually typed in the URL without the loop1.htm of the
initial page. I have updated the cvs tree to remove this file and will grep
it for any other similar errant files that I missed ages ago.

However, the one beside the Google search box I can't see and can't
reproduce. I have replaced the index.htm page with a backup in the cvs tree
and have emailed Dave to copy this across to the server and see if it
changes it.

All the best
Ross

/\