amber-developers: amber10 code broken in qm2_dftb_gb.f

From: David A. Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 10:57:21 -0800

In the process of fixing up Amber 10's qm2_dftb_gb code (see CVS logs), I
again faced the line-length problem for sander code.

It has been apparent for some time that lots of people are unwilling to live
with 80 character lines, and maybe that is a good idea in a modern age. But
I also don't think we should allow arbitrarily long lines either, just because
some particular person (initials are RCW) likes to use a small font and a
giant terminal. The code becomes very difficult to read for everyone else.

So I'm looking for input: what do people think we should enforce as a line
length limit? And, do we have any formatters for Fortran that do this?
(We can use indent for C-code, but I don't know where things stand for F90
code).

...thanks for your input....dac