Re: amber-developers: Major change on CVS (for new PIMD implementation)

From: Wei Zhang <zweig.scripps.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 13:06:52 -0500

Ross Walker wrote:

>>Hi Wei,
>>
>>A quick test and it seems that sander.PIMD is not being built by default
>>either in serial or parallel but the default test suite is setup to run the
>>PIMD test cases. Can you check this please.

test.sander.PIMD and test.sander.PIMD.MPI should be totally remove from
test/Makefile.

>>On another note what is the status of NEB under the new system? Does it need
>>to be run with sander.PIMD and I assume sander.PIMD.MPI? Also are things
>>linear in memory for this as well?

NEB has been implemented under the new framework, which means
you will use sander.MPI to do the calculation and things are linear
in memory in this as well. I am running test on it, and I will add a
test case on neb very soon. Also I want ask you, Do you think
partial NEB will be useful? since I might will be able to implement it.

>>On one other note ;-) does this mean a lot the ifdef PIMD stuff will be
>>going away? I notice for example that the qm_mm call in force is much much
>>simpler which is nice. However, there are still a lot of PIMD ifdefs in
>>force.f. Although a number of these are around variable declarations like
>>spring_energy or alloc_error. I assume these can go away now?

Yes, all the "#ifdef PIMD" will either be removed or be merged to
"#ifdef LES".
so does "#ifdef CMD", "#ifdef PIMD_A1ST" and "#ifdef CMD_A1ST" . The
code will be much simpler.

Sincerely,

Wei