RE: amber-developers: Major change on CVS (for new PIMD implementation)

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 10:01:42 -0700

Hi Wei,

A quick test and it seems that sander.PIMD is not being built by default
either in serial or parallel but the default test suite is setup to run the
PIMD test cases.

Can you check this please.

On another note what is the status of NEB under the new system? Does it need
to be run with sander.PIMD and I assume sander.PIMD.MPI? Also are things
linear in memory for this as well?

On one other note ;-) does this mean a lot the ifdef PIMD stuff will be
going away? I notice for example that the qm_mm call in force is much much
simpler which is nice. However, there are still a lot of PIMD ifdefs in
force.f. Although a number of these are around variable declarations like
spring_energy or alloc_error. I assume these can go away now?

All the best
Ross

/\
\/