Re: amber-developers: configure script.

From: David A. Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 10:04:50 -0700

On Thu, Oct 05, 2006, Ross Walker wrote:

> I have made some changes to the configure script as part of a follow up to
> what I posted yesterday. It seems that for almost all the parallel options
> the contents of loadlib were being overridden by the mpi libraries
> regardless of the architecture or mpi installation. I have modified things
> so that this should not happen. Instead the mpi libraries are appended to
> the loadlib variable.

Note that the idea now is to use mpif90 (or equivalent), so that the
libraries should not need to be explicitly stated in $loadlib. This change
has been made for openmpi, mpich and mpich2, but not yet for lam, scali, or
intelmpi. It would be great if someone could make the change (especially for
lam) and see if it works.

Basically, in the "old days", the mpif90 wrappers were sometimes unreliable,
but that no longer seems to be the case now. They are required for openmpi,
and probably advisable for other architectures as well.

Thanks to ross of finding and fixing the other bugs listed above.

...dac