Re: [AMBER-Developers] Desmond SUX

From: Scott Le Grand <varelse2005.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 12:55:11 -0700

Heh heh, but do they actually have speed here? That is the first question
to answer. It does not look like it to me. It looks like (as someone who
spent close to a decade implementing drive cheats) they cooked the books to
look amazeballs to low information sorts. This game works, but it slows
down genuine science. I don't want to play that game, but AMBER16 had SPXP
for exactly these shenanigans. I'm going to bring it back and I encourage
your darkest thinking on how to look fast here as long as it's restricted
to that precision mode. Dave Cerutti did some wonderful work towards that
end IMO. I just wish he'd kept it in SPXP, and not silently changed SPFP.