Re: [AMBER-Developers] CMake in Amber

From: Scott Le Grand <varelse2005.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2021 09:11:01 -0700

But getting back on topic, CUDA 7.5 is a 2015 toolkit and SM 5.x and below
are deprecated now. SM 6 is a huge jump over SM 5 enabling true virtual
memory and I suggest deprecating support for SM 5 across the board. SM 7
and beyond alas mostly complicated warp programming and introduced tensor
cores which currently seem useless for straight MD, but perfect for running
AI models inline with MD.

CUDA 8 is a 2017 toolkit. That's way too soon to deprecate IMO and if cmake
has ish with it, that's a reason not to use cmake, not a reason to
deprecate CUDA 8.