Re: [AMBER-Developers] CUDA Conformance Test not deterministic

From: David Cerutti <dscerutti.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2020 18:35:29 -0500

My preference would be to increase the tolerance. In my experience, many
of the TI and free energy tests suffer this sort of problem. I'm not sure
what makes these applications more sensitive, but it probably has to do
with the numerical precision and convergence issues innate to the methods
themselves, the fundamental reason for running many windows and such. But
I am only guessing. But insofar as I beileve this to be a more widespread
problem, we should keep whatever tests we can.

Dave