Re: [AMBER-Developers] Release candidate 5 for Amber20/AmberTools20

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2020 16:11:04 -0400

For the parallel build, I can't get RC5 to get past the initial
run_cmake phase with Intel 17.0.4 + Intel MPI + cmake 3.13.2:

```
-- Could NOT find MPI_C (missing: MPI_mpigi_LIBRARY MPI_C_WORKS)
-- Could NOT find MPI_CXX (missing: MPI_mpigi_LIBRARY MPI_CXX_WORKS)
-- Could NOT find MPI_Fortran (missing: MPI_mpigi_LIBRARY MPI_Fortran_WORKS)
-- Could NOT find MPI (missing: MPI_C_FOUND MPI_CXX_FOUND MPI_Fortran_FOUND)
CMake Error at cmake/MPIConfig.cmake:12 (message):
  You requested MPI, but the MPI C library was not found. Please install one
  and try again, or set MPI_C_INCLUDE_PATH and MPI_C_LIBRARIES to point to
  your MPI.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:118 (include)
```

Run after setting -DCOMILER to INTEL, and -DMPI and -DCUDA to TRUE.
CMakeOutput.log is quite monolithic and it's not immediately clear to
me what's going wrong (I can send it to interested parties if needed).
The serial cmake (-DMPI=FALSE -DCUDA=FALSE) + install works. Note that
the parallel cmake fails even after the serial cmake + install
succeeds. Legacy configure works normally.

-Dan