Re: [AMBER-Developers] Release candidate 5 for Amber20/AmberTools20

From: Gerald Monard <Gerald.Monard.univ-lorraine.fr>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2020 19:11:03 +0200

Hi all,

My preliminary report is indeed on
https://gitlab.ambermd.org/amber/amber/wikis/Singularity-reports . I
opened an issue in gitlab. I copy below my comments:

- cmake dependency for cuda has changed, so I can't build (yet)

- I have some trouble with the parallel tests on centos/8 with MPICH. If
someone could test Centos/8 and tell whether he/she encounters the same
problem or not would be helpful.

Best,

Gerald.

On 4/29/20 13:42, David A Case wrote:
> Hi everyone:
>
> The fifth release candidate tarballs can be found here:
>
> ambermd.org/downloads/AmberTools20.RC5.tar.bz2
> ambermd.org/downloads/Amber20.RC5.tar.bz2
>
> Please read chapter 2 in the doc/Amber20.pdf file, (now considerably
> expanded) and follow the instructions there.
>
> This is a pretty significant change from RC4: python3 is now the
> default, and searching conda libraries should be back to the way that
> things were in RC3: these wont be used unless you set
> USE_CONDA_LIBS=TRUE. RC5 also has the patches and recipe files needed
> to create a conda package for AmberTools.
>
> This release candidate works for me on MacOSX and Ubuntu18.04, but you
> might want to wait until Gerald has had a chance to run this on a ton of
> Linux distros. Results will be in the wiki:
>
> https://gitlab.ambermd.org/amber/amber/wikis/Singularity-reports
>
> (Gerald: if it helps, you can probably discontinue testing miniconda2.)
>
> I'd still like to find a volunteer to test on MacOSX.
>
> ...thx...dac

  Prof. Gerald MONARD
  Directeur du mésocentre EXPLOR
  Université de Lorraine