Re: [AMBER-Developers] parallel test errors: missing mdin files?

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2018 12:31:53 -0500

On Mon, Mar 05, 2018, Josh Berryman wrote:

> To follow up, "are parallel tests breaking?"

Sorry, I wasn't specific enough, but it does look like this is all a
problem at my end (still can't find it, though).

Specifically, can you try this:

cd $AMBERHOME/test
export DO_PARALLEL='mpirun -np 2' (say)
make test.sander.EVB

Also, indicate what commit you are at with git.

Until I pushed commits just in the past couple of hours, many of these
tests were failing for me (on several machines), saying "mdin not present"
(or words to that effect).

The commit that deleted these files was dated Feb. 15, 2017, but I don't
think it was merged into master until some much later date. (These
files were present at the AmberTools17 release, which took place in
April of 2017.)

Thanks especially to Josh for helping investigate this problem. As my
commit messages suggest, I could be making some bad mistake here, and
making commits myself that need to be reverted. But all I've done is
added a few extra mdin files to the evb test directories, so I don't
think I'm doing major damage.

....dac