[AMBER-Developers] A hello and some submodules!

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 23:15:28 -0400

Hi everyone!

It's been awhile. Congratulations with the recent release -- it feels
strange not to have been much a part of it this time.

In an effort to smooth out challenges with moving some package development
to GitHub, I've been talking with Dave, Hai, and Dan about moving these
packages whose main development is happening on GitHub into submodules
within Amber.

This should significantly ease potential complications of having
subprojects broken out into standalone repositories as well as make it
easier to keep up-to-date with the latest developments coming from these
projects.

To pull the latest master branch, do this:

cd $AMBERHOME
git clean -fxd
git pull
git submodule update --init --recursive

You can find out more about how to work with submodules (mainly if you want
to contribute to any of the projects contained within submodules) by
visiting the documentation and videos I posted to the wiki:
http://ambermd.org/pmwiki/index.php/Main/Submodules

All the best,