Re: [AMBER-Developers] A hello and some submodules!

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2017 08:59:15 -0400

On Wed, May 10, 2017, Jason Swails wrote:

> To pull the latest master branch, do this:
>
> cd $AMBERHOME
> git clean -fxd

    warning!! be sure you don't have any untracked files that you want to keep

> git pull
> git submodule update --init --recursive
>
> You can find out more about how to work with submodules (mainly if you want
> to contribute to any of the projects contained within submodules) by
> visiting the documentation and videos I posted to the wiki:
> http://ambermd.org/pmwiki/index.php/Main/Submodules

I added a couple of questions for clarification to that page.

But things seem to work for me (MacOS, gcc6). Thanks to Jason for doing
this! Next steps:

1. Are there other pieces of Amber that should become submodules? They
should be pretty independent things, that would benefit by having their
own test (working) test suite that can drive CI even though we don't have an
equivalent test suite for the full Amber (and it takes too long to run the
full test suite for effective CI).

2. Now would be a good time for some clean-up:
     a. There are (in my view) too many items at github.com/amber-md.
     b. This is also a good time to delete un-used or outdated branch
          at git.ambermd.org.

3. Next step: cmake(!)

....dac