Re: [AMBER-Developers] Code review of pmemd.cuda

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2017 21:18:24 -0400

On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 8:56 PM, David Case <david.case.rutgers.edu> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 17, 2017, Ross Walker wrote:
>
> > Yes there should be NO TABS in the source code EVER EVER EVER!!!
>
> I agree here. Tabs are useful in database files (tab-delimited files are
> generally easier to work with than comma-separated .csv files.) They work
> there precisely because use as a field separator should be the only
> acceptable
> use.
>
> (Exceptions probably only proove the rule...)

​As they always say:

Never use tabs unless writing databases or go... something something
something that rhymes with go.

If you use vim, you can see the vimrc I use that strips trailing whitespace
among other nice goodies.

If you don't use vim, well, then, I'm sorry (and perhaps see Dave's last
comment applies here :)).

All the best,