Re: [AMBER-Developers] Code review of pmemd.cuda

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2017 18:17:06 -0400

Hi Dave,

Thanks for doing the code documentation. This will prove very helpful down the line. Modifying the whitespace though will potentially making patching a pain especially the TI code update. The beta is already built against AMBER 16 and, fortunately we have merged everything into master already. Additional betas will be a pain in the butt though since we'll have to maintain 2 versions of the code, one with the new whitespace and one that matches AMBER 16. We may end up having to provide tar files of the entire CUDA directory instead of a patch for future betas which is not ideal (it precludes us making the beta public) but that's something we'll have to figure out.

Dan, Charlie - make sure you have all your latest changes merged into the master. Dave please work closely with Dan and Charlie to make sure this goes smoothly.

We should also do a sanity check on performance and code correctness although from what you describe this should only be cosmetic changes yes?

What do you have planned beyond the code review? We should coordinate things closely on this to make sure it doesn't conflict with what we plan running up to AMBER 18.

All the best
Ross