[AMBER-Developers] Code review of pmemd.cuda

From: David Cerutti <dscerutti.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2017 18:00:01 -0400

To all:

I am nearly finished with my code review of pmemd.cuda. Comments have been
added throughout with the goal of identifying every function's formal
arguments, clarifying the beginning and end of various long blocks of code,
and better documenting pre-processor directives with a long reach (i.e.
this #endif ends what?).

While I have tried to preserve Scott's convention of extending assignment
statements to collect related variables into groups, a great deal of white
space has been removed in the interest of adhering to a strict 96-character
limit on each line. This will significantly increase the amount of code
that can fit on the screen at one time, and permit two or more terminal
windows to display separate libraries side by side for easy
cross-referencing. Spacing has also been added or removed to emphasize the
binding order of operations (I have a pretty detailed method, but please
don't feel that it is required for future commits). Additionally, I have
made an effort to decouple braces from pre-processor directives and provide
indentation for the pre-processor directives themselves to help developers
more easily gain a sense of where their code sits in very involved sections
like the non-bonded inner loops in kNLCPNE.h.

IF YOU HAVE OUTSTANDING EDITS and need to commit them, I have made no
functional changes to the code quite yet--I wanted to get the review done
before I start making other changes. Please send me a mail directly if you
need to merge your items--it is straightforward to go back to the last
commit from two weeks ago and see the code as it was beforehand to make a
diff, but with the review nearly done I will help work out the best way to
do the merge.

Cheers,
Dave