Re: [AMBER-Developers] volunteers needed

From: Scott Brozell <sbrozell.rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2017 15:03:23 -0400

Hi,

Here's a late entry (ie, in Eqn. (1) of the reference below, epsilon >> 0;
in addition, we thank our esteemed colleague for bringing that important
work to our attention.):

fairy godmother 0: why didn't Cinderella make the soccer team ?

On Sun, Apr 02, 2017 at 01:50:09PM -0400, David Case wrote:
> Many of you know that Jason Swails has taken a real job, and cannot devote
> as much time as before on Amber-related issues. (I know that's a pretty lame
> excuse, but there is no accounting for human behavior.)
>
> As a result, both the quality and quantity of April-1-related and
> NCAA-tournament related posts has fallen pricipitously this year, even when
> the Gators were still in the tournament....
>
> Please remember that all Amber developers have an obligation to give back
> to the community. A sample from the crystallographic community is here:
>
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30662912/Rupp_2017_Phys_Rev_Letters_Electron_Density.pdf
>
> We don't want to further fall into a situation where the entire Amber project
> becomes dependent on just one person.

It is well known that the axiomatic qubit is coherent. However,
physical representations of qubits are ultimately unstable.
Decoherence can even involve thermal instability.
In practice, for the entanglement under investigation the qubits
consisted of grade school children (QB_GSC):

fairy godmother A: because she ran away from the ball !
fairy godmother B: because her shoe fell off !

In the presented work we construct and apply a series of time reversal
symmetry operators to the QB_GSC model Hamiltonian yielding a
temporally metastable superposition of childish states.

In future work, we shall optimize this metastable superposition
with respect to the Mommy* Happiness Function (MHF) yielding the
elusive continuous total derivative: D(MHF)/Dt.

scott

*In the interest of brevity we eschew generality with respect
to the full gender manifold and pseudo randomly pick the
xx representation.