Re: [AMBER-Developers] CUDA build fails for PBSA

From: Tyler Luchko (Lists) <"Tyler>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2017 10:38:56 -0800

> On Mar 10, 2017, at 9:15 AM, David Case <david.case.rutgers.edu <mailto:david.case.rutgers.edu>> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Mar 10, 2017, Dan Roe wrote:
>
>> My mistake - I was looking at $AMBERHOME/GNU_LGPL_v2. It appears that
>> is distributed with non-AmberTools Amber (via mkrelease). Should that
>> be updated?
>
> Good catch...I have no recollection of why the GNU_LGPL_v2 file is there, but
> I think it doesn't belong there now. Does anyone remember what is going
> on? My best guess (and only a guess) is that was related to the blend
> library, which at one time said it was "LGPL" without specifying the version.
> We now say it is version 3, but the v2 file might have come from that time
> period--cc-ing to Tyler to see if he remembers anything about this.
>
> Unless someone comes up with an explanation, I'll deep-six the v2 file.

3D-RISM uses the blend library. The author’s webpage points to the latest version of the LGPL, which is version 3.

https://people.sc.fsu.edu/~jburkardt/f_src/blend/blend.html <https://people.sc.fsu.edu/~jburkardt/f_src/blend/blend.html>

Updating to version 3 should be fine. The code hasn’t changed.

Tyler