Re: [AMBER-Developers] AMBER + Docker + configure

From: B. Lachele Foley <lfoley.ccrc.uga.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2016 15:44:47 +0000

No prob. I'll use workarounds.

Yes, the docker image can be run on Windows or Mac or different versions of Linux. The big requirement for Linux is kernel 3.10 or better. Last I tried the Win environment, it was a bit clunky, but that was some months back. It would be nice to have an official AmberTools image on Docker Hub, even for Linux: no compiling, no dependencies, just "docker pull".

I know WAY TOO MUCH about Docker, so I'll be happy to talk to anyone who has questions about it.

:-) Lachele

Dr. B. Lachele Foley
Associate Research Scientist
Complex Carbohydrate Research Center