Re: [AMBER-Developers] reference os+compiler systems

From: Brent Krueger <kruegerb.hope.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 07:51:28 -0500

Being someone who uses older systems, I'll just mention that I still use
Intel because -- for better or worse -- I get more trouble-free building of
code on old Intel vs. old gcc (I have not used gnu5).

If gnu5 really is about the same performance as Intel and others, then I
suppose there is no reason why I can't invest effort into laying new gcc
beside old gcc -- hopefully this isn't more work than laying Intel next to
old gcc. But to bring up Ross's point from awhile ago, there are people
stuck using old systems so we do need to make some effort to continue to
support old systems in some manner, I think.

Cheers,
Brent