Re: [AMBER-Developers] reference os+compiler systems

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 08:49:03 -0500

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016, Brent Krueger wrote:

> Being someone who uses older systems, I'll just mention that I still use
> Intel because -- for better or worse -- I get more trouble-free building of
> code on old Intel vs. old gcc (I have not used gnu5).

What do you mean by "old gcc"? Problems that you have with anything more
recent than 4.1.2 (which we no longer support) should be reported. Also
be interesting to know what version of the Intel compiler you have: take a
look at the wiki page to see build difficulties for Intel compilers from
version 10 through 16: they seem to change for each version.

....dac