Re: [AMBER-Developers] gotcha with the current config/install procedure

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 07:52:41 -0400

On Fri, May 16, 2014, Josh Berryman wrote:

> ....install amber, no problems now, missing bzip2 but that is not a big
> deal.....

Can you say what version of Ubuntu? I think recent versions include bzip2 by
default, but we should maybe tell people to add this, since it won't hurt if
it is already there.

> "On Ubuntu OS's install the xorg-dev and xorg-server packages."

Again, details would be great. How does one install Ubuntu without an X
server?

> I am sure enough that this is a good idea that I'm going to add it to the
> configure2 script and commit.

The best place to fix is here:

   http://ambermd.org/ubuntu.html

OS-specific things don't really belong in configure2, in my view. Package
names are different on every version of Linux, things get out of date quickly,
etc.

...thx...dac