Re: [AMBER-Developers] Intel MPI in configure?

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 15:12:19 -0400

On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 2:31 PM, Gerald Monard <
Gerald.Monard.univ-lorraine.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Having mpiifort/mpiicc is very specific I guess.
> On my side, if I use "configure_mpich2/openmpi intel" from
> AmberTools/src to get a working MPI version with the Intel compiler, I
> end up with mpif90/mpicc only. So there are different ways of having
> Intel + MPI...
> As Dave said, it has "always" been required that the user provides a
> working version of mpif90/mpicc. What should this case be so specific?
> Is it now standard to have mpiifort for Intel + MPI? In that case,
> should configure_mpich/openmpi be modified to automagically link the
> correct binaries?

Intel MPI is a special MPI developed and released by Intel. Unlike the
more typical MPI implementations (mpich, OpenMPI, mvapich, etc.), Intel MPI
names their compiler wrappers "mpiifort" and "mpiicc".

Supposedly Intel MPI scales better, but I've never used it myself...

All the best,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University
Postdoctoral Researcher