Re: [AMBER-Developers] Tutorials update

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2014 21:57:23 -0400

On Sun, Mar 09, 2014, Kevin Hauser wrote:

> As to the colors, please oh please don't mix red and green or use red and
> green to represent different types of information - I and a not
> insignificant portion of guys are r/g colorblind (almost 5-8%).
>
> How to pallette, if you want to get fancy:
> http://blog.mollietaylor.com/2012/10/color-blindness-and-palette-choice.html

Thanks for your comments. I've updated the global "amber.css" file to use
colors from the above site; for tutorial 1, I removed the red/green color
distinction between input and output files. After playing with things for a
while, it seemed easiest to read if we just don't bother with that distinction.
(I did leave the "color:" tags there, and just made the colors all black.
So it should be straightforward to try other combinations.)

I'm no graphics person of css wizard...other are welcome to pitch in.

For example: the figure and caption divisions should probably be centered;
I thought you could to this by setting both margin-left and margin-right to
"auto" in the amber.css file, but that didn't seem to work for me.

Second example: some things don't work well with a really wide screen,
and we would want to limit the width to something smaller (in the range of
800 to 1200 pixels), and then center in the browser window. I did this
on the tutorial index page by putting the entire page into a table. This is
not terrible, but is there a better way?

...thx...dac