Re: [AMBER-Developers] Tutorials update

From: Kevin Hauser <84hauser.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2014 10:07:26 -0400

Hey'all,

As to the colors, please oh please don't mix red and green or use red and
green to represent different types of information - I and a not
insignificant portion of guys are r/g colorblind (almost 5-8%).

How to pallette, if you want to get fancy:
http://blog.mollietaylor.com/2012/10/color-blindness-and-palette-choice.html

...just my humble request...not the end of the world if you can't

Thanks,
kevin

On Sat, Mar 8, 2014 at 11:04 PM, Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 5:50 PM, Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Since we are updating things it makes sense to fix the colors at the same
> > time.
> >

> > I'd suggest something like orange for input, green for output. Or
> > something high contrast like that. - previously we had command lines in
> > different fonts which meant one didn't need to spot the red for input for
> > example. But now it seems to all come up in the same font?
> >

> Only on ambermd.org. If you open up the files locally in your web browser
> everything looks good. I'm not sure why that would occur, but maybe we
> need to give it some time for the CSS file to propagate? I have no idea,
> this is way beyond anything in my experience.
>
> If the website ends up looking like the local files in my browser I think
> it'll be quite nice. As for the green and red, those were already there
> before the update...
>
> All the best,
> Jason
>
> --
> Jason M. Swails
> BioMaPS,
> Rutgers University
> Postdoctoral Researcher

-- - -
HK
════════════════════════════════════════════
Kevin E. Hauser, Ph.D. Candidate
NRSA Fellow, National Institutes of Health
Carlos Simmerling Laboratory
Miguel Garcia-Diaz Laboratory
100 Laufer Center for Physical and Quantitative Biology
Stony Brook, New York 11794-5252
Phone: (631) 632.5394  Email:  84hauser.gmail.com
This e- mail message, including any attachments,
is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may
contain confidential and privileged information.
by e-mail and destroy all copies of the original.