Re: [AMBER-Developers] files missing from amber_web repo

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 10:53:37 -0500

On Thu, Mar 06, 2014, Josh Berryman wrote:

> I am having a look at the tutorials, and making an attempt to at least
> part-automate the conversion of obfuscated html from before the nineties
> into something that is not heinous and which passes w3c.

Note that an initial goal (which is what I originally had in mind) is just
to clean up the index page:

   http://ambermd.org/tutorials/index.htm

It might be necessary to re-do this one "by hand", but that would be a great
first start. The page doesn't display correctly on Chrome (MacOSX 10.9.2),
so I notice it, since that's the browser I generally use. (It seems to be OK
on Safari, for example).

If someone does decide to update the tutorials themselves, a goal should make
them be easier to edit and update; just fixing them for the sake of w3c seems
a low priority--content seems more important (e.g. that tutorial A4 was
written for Amber8, and no longer works at all.)

...thx...dac